Saturday, July 20, 2013

the Naked and Cursed. 12/27/2008

12/27/2008

Last night I dreamed I was at a party where all the girls were running around naked. A lot of my step-dad's side of the family were there and, a girl named Kristen from my third block was there too. Everyone was just running around in their birthday suits without a care.
The next morning (in the dream) my picture from the nude party makes the front page of the newspaper along with the story of the wild "Shin-dig." Of coarse, I'm completely embarrassed but, I still have to go to school. So what did I do? I showed up wearing my Nightmare Before Christmas hoodie and a pair of undies. Next thing I knew, I was sitting in the hallway in the some building that was connected between the choir/band room. As I'm sitting there, not really bothering to cover much of myself with the hoodie, a guy named Stephen walked in sat next to me on the floor. He doesn't acknowledge me, just sits and starts practicing percussion stuff.  Next, walks in another percussionist, Luke, and as he passes me he doesn't say anything but gives me a very obvious 'what are you doing?' look. He stops to talk to Stephen before going into the band room meanwhile I'm staring depressingly off into nowhere. The final person to walk in was the band director who stops and looks at me, opens his mouth to talk but, quickly looks at his watch before hurrying past me and into the band room.
Eventually, I pick myself up and walk into the band room, as soon as I pass through the doors I'm fully dressed and the first person I see is my friend Colton S he's not in band but, some club was meeting in there and Colton S was enjoying hanging out with the band students. Suddenly, the bell rings and students are flooding into the band room and jumping up on this stage and grabbing seats for this club meeting.

"Hey Haley, can you fill in for me at the meeting?" Colton's voice speaks from behind me.

I shrugged and nodded, grabbing his seat like it was no biggie.I soon found out that it was an art club meeting but the art instructor looked nothing like the one at Haughton High school. This one looked like a very modern (2008) fashonista with a hair cut like Edna from the Incredibles. Soon after taking Colton's seat I noticed that everyone was staring at me. I tried my best to ignore it as the art instructor started to go into this lecture that don't understand any of until she walks over to a large tank/cage that's covered with a sheet. With one swift motion she removed the sheet to reveal a mother leopard next to some kind of large dust-bunny pollen-thing. Standing next to the tank was a witch doctor, complete with the tiki mask and everything. He had a zebra on a leash standing next to him.

The art teacher gave the rest of us a crazy look and told us to watch as she backed away from the witch doctor and tank/cage. Suddenly, the dust-bunny-pollen-thing started to morph and grow until it looked like a baby leopard. Everyone was staring in complete silence until the art teacher, who was watching in utter fascination started clapping excitedly, breaking the witch doctor's trance of watching in total horror, he became enraged at what he witnessed and instead of attacking the teacher he grabbed me by my hair and pulled me really close to his face/mask. He then yelled at the art teacher in his native tongue then blows into my face, "you will perish." then threw me to the floor.

I blacked out for a second and when I awoke within the dream, I was still in the band room. There were still a few others in there with me but, they were all standing away, mumbling to each other about me being cursed. I sat up and looked around to find the tank, witch doctor and, the art teacher were all gone. As I made my way out of the band room anyone that I passed stared at me with grim expressions. I made my way down the hallway again and passed a room where the teacher was looking at slides of the ocean and African tribes. I turn down another hallway where there are more students that all stopped talking and turned to stare at me all at the same time. Colton was at the very end of the hallway with a worried look on his face. I angrily walked past him, mad at him for me being cursed. He follows me, apologizing profusely and I tried to ignore him as I walk through a door and find myself in my own bedroom, alone.

Then I woke up.








No comments:

Post a Comment